Home Care Stats for the Sunshine Coast!
Worldwide, the following statistics reflect the growth of home health care and some of the main reasons why it is an increasingly viable option for anyone with an aging or disabled loved one who deserves the best care and protection available:
1. 90 percent of seniors really want to remain in their homes.
2. 69 percent of home health care patients are 65 years old or more, with only one in five aged over 81.
3. A substantial majority of home health care patients are women, although this may well be due to their longer average lifespan.
4. Home health care offers the patient customised care, with the carer spending more quality time with the patient.
5. The senior population is growing faster than caregivers are being trained.
6. By 2025, there will be one billion seniors in the world.
7. Half of the population aged 75 or more live by themselves.
8. Home health care is able to offer one-on-one focus and support, which is of great benefit to patients.
9. Statistics show that home health care patients enjoy better or at least comparable health than those in hospital or nursing establishments.
10. Home health care is not confined to the immobile or bedridden: it is there for anyone who needs assistance in dealing with their daily life.
Homecare is very flexible. It may be temporary, while you recover from an operation or an illness, or it may be long term
Home Care Assistance Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay offer not only professional companionship and basic medical care, but can also deal with many of your daily chores from shopping, meal preparation or transport to whatever else may be needed to make your life easier and more enjoyable.
Having a carer come to your home can make a tremendous difference to your life, especially if you have difficulty walking or getting around. It can allow you to stay living independently in your own home
Call Home Care Assistance Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay in Sunshine Coast and discuss your needs so that we can put together the best home care package possible. We provide in-home and community care support for seniors and those with a disability, and we are here to help.