(07) 5491 6888
0499 022 567
Shop 5/9 Bulcock Street
Caloundra, QLD, 4551
07 5491 6888
Watching over a loved one may well be one of the most painfully stressful times in your whole life, and while we are very fortunate to be able to call on professionals like Home Care Assistance Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay to help with home care support for the daily necessities and essential requirements, it is equally important to keep yourself healthy and grounded.
1. Have patience. It is just as frustrating for your loved one, if not more so, to be confined to home and to be unable to do so many of the ordinary things that most of us just take for granted. Remind yourself of how helpless they feel and how much they must regret having to ask for assistance all day, every day.
2. Take time out for yourself. Music soothes, as do massages and meditation and fresh air, so make sure that you give yourself some downtime every day to enjoy something that is for you and you alone.
3. Try to keep healthy. It is of paramount importance that you stay fit and able to lead as normal a life as possible. Because if you collapse the whole edifice crumbles with you.
4. Keep things in perspective. Do not allow yourself to be discouraged and do not take on any guilt. You know that by putting your loved one in the capable hands of trustworthy professionals, you are continuing to do your very best for them.
5. Allow other people to give you whatever help they can. It will make them feel much better and will also lighten your load a little. This does not only apply to professional carers, but also to your own family and friends: do not reject their offers of assistance, but welcome them instead.
Above all, attempt to lead as normal a life as possible. Home Care Assistance Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay is available to help you with balanced care, and we can put together a home care package that suits your needs and timetable exactly so that you can do that. And we can do the shopping and prepare meals and medicines. Call us today for your own sake too.